This weekend I had the worst sugar craving I've had since the time I ran braless in the rain down to the gas station for some of those delicious blondies.
Since I try not to eat any artificial sweeteners due to my migraines, finding keto friendly desserts that still satisfy my sweet tooth, is harder than I imagined. This little dessert I whipped up meets my macros all the while letting the berries soothe my sugar fix. :) The recipe is easily doubled if you want a sweet treat for you and yours. The cake itself is moist and extremely dense.
I am all about easy to follow recipes with low prep work and even less clean up. This recipe uses 2 microwaveable containers and a fork. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Try adding some vanilla and cinnamon to the mix. Top it off with a scoop of some homemade heavy whipping cream. YUM!
1. In a mug(or bowl or any microwaveable container) add ⅛ tsp baking soda and 1tbsp coconut flour.
2. In another container, add 1 ½ tbsp of butter. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Add melted butter to coconut flour & baking soda. mix well.
4. Add 1 egg to mixture. Mix well.
5. Microwave for 2 minutes. check top of cake to see if it is cooked all the way through. If it is sticky, put back in microwave for another 1 minute.
6. After cake is fully cooked, put 1 tbsp of butter with (2) strawberries and (5) blackberries in the other container used to melt the butter. Put this in the microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Mix/mash butter and berries.
7. To get your cake out of your mug simply use your fork to wedge the cake away from the sides of the mug. Turn upside on top of a plate and it should just pop right out. Optional: I dug a little hole out in the middle of the cake and poured the delicious berry mixture into the center. Otherwise, just pour the mixture right on top of the cake.
8. ENJOY your keto friendly dessert ;)